Holidays are knocking on the door and so are the overfilled dinner tables. We’ll definitely be in need for this detox smoothie after. Plus it has two layer, two colours, two flavours!
My thirty year old oven is broken. I figured it out last night, when I was baking potica nut roll. I guess I should have figured it out a month ago when I was baking bread for 3 hours and it way barely done. First two poticas turned out baked, but not exactly like they should be. Luckily my mom lives right below, so I managed to bake the last one perfectly! I had a perfect evening with my husband, baking, singing Christmas songs and finishing our Christmas presents.
Most of us are probably burried in Christmas baking and preparing for the holiday meals with our families. And forget a little, that we’d need a proper vitamin boost. What we need is a detox smoothie. I’m not a huge fan of green smoothies. If I need a dose of vitamins I usually make a salad. But here’s a green smoothie in combination with a pink one, that I really love.
The green layer is lime and banana smoothie with spinach and the pink one is raspberry and beetroot smoothie. First one is sweet and the second one a bit sour and fresh. Lovely combination for the overeating days that are coming. This one is filled with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It will make your stomach happy after eating all the heavy food. And it will keep your immune system in check!
This recipe calls for nut milk. I make nut milk like this lovely lady here. Sometimes I want a even creamier milk, so I use less water. You can use any nut milk you like, regular milk or water.
- 1/2 cup beet juice
- 1/2 cup nut milk (I'm using almond)
- 300 g fresh or frozen raspebrries
- 4 tsp coarsely chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 cup nut milk
- juice of 4 limes
- 200g frozen or 4 cups fresh spinach
- 4 TBSP avocado
- 1 banana
- 4 dates
- chia seeds
- sunflower seeds
- lime peel or grated lie zest
- Put all the ingredients for the red smoothie in blender and mix untill it is smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses.
- Repeat the same with the green smoothie. If you are using fresh spinch, you might need to add extra milk or water.
- Pour the green smoothie over the red and add the toppings.
- There is no need to clean the blender beetween the two smoothies, just scrape it out thoroughly.
- If you don't own a juicer, peel one big beetroot and slice it into chunks. Put it in a blender, add enough water for the blender to mix it. Add the water gradually so you don't get over thinned juice. Filter it the same way as the nut milk.