Delightful spring mocktail – roasted peach and strawberry fizz!
Yey, so excited about this recipe!!!
This drink to me is like pie. You know the feeling, when you take out a pie and all the syrupy juices are sizzling around the fruit? And the smell… so good 🙂 This is like a pie in a glass 🙂
And I love it!
This roasted peach and strawberry fizz is soooo simple. Sometimes, I can’t belive, how many great thing you can do, with so little. This is definitely one of them! 🙂
All you’ll need to do is cut peaches and strawberries in half, roast them and blend them. Then add a little apple juice, preferably homemade or organic, and some sprakling water. And there it is.
A perfect spring drink!
While we’re on the spring subject. Spring has been awfull this year in Slovenia. Ugh, my tomato, pepper and chilli plants are barely holding on in thir tiny cups, just waiting to be planted outside.
But its so COLD. I mean, I make drinks like this, just to feel like it’s spring. It’s a crime!
But good news… Today it is sunny and we’re having a big picnic party for my brother’s and friend’s 30th birthday.
Lots of people, lots of good food, beer, friends. That’s what I call spring. Hopefuly, the weather will hold and let us have the party we deserve 🙂
Now, go on… try the the recipe 🙂
- 3 peaches
- 600 g strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 1/2 sparkling water
- abundance of crushed ice
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
- Cut peaches in half and remove the pit. Cut strawberries in half. Place the fruit on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast for 25 minutes.
- Take the tray out and leave to cool for 10 minutes or more.
- Remove the skins from peaches and blend the flesh together with apple juice in a blender to get a smooth pureé.
- Blend the strawberries separately.
- Divide the strawberry pureé into 6 glasses and add ice. Pour the peach and apple juice mixture over ice and add sparkling water.
- Serve immediately.