I’m feeling summer-ish with this vibrant morning oats bowl. It is filled with raspberries and bananas and topped with tahini and yummy crunchy nuts, seeds and fruit.
We’ve had such a beautiful week full of sunshine. It called for a morning oats recipe and take some shots in the warm morning sun. This recipe is so simple and perfect for a busy day. You know, how a lot of times you skip breakfast because you are in a hurry or you don’t feel like preparing anything. Well, it can’t get more simple than this! Plus, banana and rasberries – you can’t miss with that combination. I added a little maca for some extra nutrients and vanilla for your brain.
Last week I made a brand new photo backdrop. You can see it on these photos. Since I just started this blog, I don’t have a lot of props to work with. But I do have parts of my old bed in the basement, so I used these for making my new prop. I did a double-sided wooden backdrop, white on one side and black on the other. I was affraid to mess it up but it is acually very easy and there is practically no way to mess it up. Especially if you are aiming for distressed look. If you want to make your own backdropyour own backdrop here are simple instructions. I did it similarly, with some extra details. I might post instructions for it in the future.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (soaked overnight in 2/3 cups water)
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder
- tahini paste
- sesame seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- coconut shavings
- chunks or slices of persimmon
- Put soaked oats and the remaining water in a blender. Add raspberries, banana, vanilla seeds and maca powder.
- Blend until smooth. If it doesn't blend well add a little more water.
- Top with tahini and other toppings that you like.
- You can use milk or nut milk for soaking instead of water.
- The listed toppings are a suggestion. These are the ones that I think go well with the recipe.
PRINT THIS RECIPE AND MAKE YOUR PERSONALIZED USE YOUR NOODLES COOKBOOK
(Right click – Open image in new tab)