This is an easy one. All you need is 5 minutes and a few simple ingredients. Enjoy your spicy pea soup!
Autumn is in it’s fullest beauty here in my neck of the woods, colourful but cool and damp. Cold just makes me wanna snuggle under a warm blanket and do nothing at all. I don’t feel like cooking for hours and then spend more time cleaning the dishes. This bone chilling cold is perfect for a warm bowl of soup. Spicy pea soup comes to my mind. It is loaded with vitamins and anti-oxidants, which we all need in this autumnish weather.
I love eating fresh peas, it’s sweet and crunchy. A perfect healthy snack! But cooking it and spicing it up gives peas an extra dimension. If you are a soup lover like me than this recipe meant to feed your whole family, will probably be serving just one. Let’s get started!
Here’s a super easy spicy pea soup, that takes only a few minutes to prepare. Then you can curl up in your blanket and eat your four bowls of soup.
- 560g fresh or frozen peas
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- pepper by taste
- salt by taste
- 1 TBSP coarsely chopped parsley
- 1/2 thinly sliced large chilli
- Boil the water and add the peas. If you are using fresh peas, cook it only for 2 minutes and if you use frozen peas cook it for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Move it to the blender, add ginger, wasabi paste, salt and pepper. Blend it well until the soup is creamy and light. If it is to thick for your likinig just pour in additional hot water and check the seasoning.
- Place in a bowl and garinish with chilli slices and parsley.